Parent Code Of Conduct
Padstow United Parent Code Of Conduct
- Remember that your child participates in football for his/her enjoyment, not yours.
- Positive encouragement should always be given. Never ridicule or yell at your child or any other team member for making a mistake.
- Focus must only be on the children's efforts and performance. Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skillful plays by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from football activities.
- Respect officials' decisions and teach your child to do likewise.
- Leave all coaching to the coaches, sideline instructions only cause confusion.
- Show appreciation for coaches, officials and administrators. Without them, your child could
- not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young player regardless of their cultural background or religion.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all spectators and never verbally or physically abuse anyone.
- Be aware that players trialling for and participating in the higher divisions (eg division 1) will be subject to a more competitive playing environment and higher expectations from coaches regarding commitment to the team including regularly attendance at training.